- Chief Operating Officer – Arizona
Chief Operating Officer
Company: Our client is one of the most well-respected names in the Direct Sales industry. They have built an amazing reputation by leading with ethics first in everything they do. With sales over 1/2 billion dollars per year and growing, they are looking for leadership that can anticipate and manage an operation that is expecting to hit $1 Billion in sales over the course of the next few years.
Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with, the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the broad operational efficiency of the Company. He/she will effectively leverage the people, processes, and technology necessary to improve the Company’s strategic imperatives and operating results, including profitability, market growth, scalability and customer service. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The following are essential accountabilities:
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of Client by embracing the Client’s core values.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives. Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures. Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth. Work closely with the entire executive team to develop and execute strategy.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance. Assist CEO in domestic and global expansion strategies.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.). Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Operations and Supply Chain departments and take an active role in the personal and professional development of the individuals on these teams.
- Participate in succession planning for the organization.
- Advancing the culture of the Company with a high-energy approach and strong sense of urgency.
- Mapping, assessing, and streamlining complex processes to enable improved profitability, service, and scalability.
- Establishing, improving, and leveraging key metrics and key performance indicators that drive operational performance
- Optimize the efficiency of the Operations Department and allow the department to function at the highest level of productivity.
- Deliver innovative continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality and reduce manufacturing costs
- Manage budget and spend for Operations, Supply Chain and Customer Service units
- Optimize inventory systems to meet customer, business and cost objectives
- Provide and apply best practices, supplier network capabilities, and market trends
- Evaluate, improve and establish SOPs and KPIs that remain consistent with best practice
- Ensure compliance with FDA, corporate, health, safety, sanitation, quality and other regulations
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company. Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Lead teams to achieve goals through collaboration, effective communication, and successful execution. Meet deadlines with the resources provided and never compromise ethical standards.
Preferred Education: MBA or related graduate degree.
10+ years of Direct Sales / MLM industry experience.
Executive background in Health and Wellness arena.
Strong background in supply chain, inventory management, and logistics with a $250 million dollar per year organization and up.
Special Skills: Demonstrated Competency in Operations Management. Understands the financial drivers of the business and manages to them. Proven ability to navigate competing priorities within the business and deliver exceptional business results. Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with equal effectiveness across a broad demographic base of employees and customers. Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics. Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team; Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission; Flexible and able to multitask; Ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems. Ability to collaborate with others and thrive in a team environment while meeting individual goals and expectations. Ability to anticipate obstacles, communicate effectively and plan accordingly. Adept at providing solutions and working in cross functional areas to facilitate successful completion of projects. Demonstrated ability to contribute to the professional development of a team and provide innovative leadership. Ability to bring high energy, remain positive in a dynamic organization and lead high-performing teams. Values relationships and is able to influence others to develop relationships that are reflected in continuously positive experiences.