Position: Vice President of Field Development
Our client is a fast-growing Direct To Consumer cosmetics & skincare beauty company in North America, and the Global Leader in Airbrush Cosmetics. Originally used in the fashion, print, television and film industries, our client has redefined the traditional beauty routine with its at home, flawless airbrush systems that can be used every day by every consumer. With nearly 20 years in the beauty industry, our client is recognized by millions of consumers for its unique Airbrush systems.
Located in Stafford, Texas, with three offices in Texas, California, and India. The company continues to innovate and has taken its expertise in professional cosmetics to new categories including skincare and skincare devices, and will be expanding distribution through select retail partnerships and through a robust direct to consumer social selling channel.
Since its founding, our client’s success has been built on a foundation of quality products and a direct connection with customers that allows the company to connect with millions of women who use its products across the globe. Through its growing network of Beauty Consultants throughout North America, the company continues this tradition of direct connection in a meaningful way. Expansion of the social selling channel is the key driver of the company’s growth strategy!
Our client seeks a Vice President of Field Development to lead the expansion of our fast-growing social selling channel. Reporting to the Founder/CEO, the Vice President of Field Development will establish the proper sales & support infrastructure to expand effectively. Passionate about cosmetics, beauty and wellness, the Successful Candidate will be an “entrepreneur at heart” and will demonstrate high energy and creativity in the recruitment, development, and leadership of the direct sales network.
- Leadership of field development and sales, including expansion and support of the multicultural markets, public relations, events and online marketing.
- Responsible for the inspiration, motivation, coaching and training to help entrepreneurs build a successful business.
- Ensure the support of independent consultants, including field development, incentives, recognition, events, training, multicultural market development, digital marketing and social media.
- Drive core recruitment and revenue metrics of independent sales field through compensation, incentives, events, recognition, training and communications.
- Execute the direct sales strategy by leading cross-functional implementation for the brand – programs, field training, events, incentives, rewards, product sampling and promotions.
- Build and execute an action plan for the accelerated growth of the direct sales organization.
- Help define and establish policies and procedures to optimize growth of the direct sales channel.
- Translate field needs into actionable business-building strategies.
Ideal Candidate Description
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with deep direct sales leadership experience in the beauty and personal care industry. S/He will demonstrate personal accountability for results, a strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a high-growth, fluid environment. Importantly, the Vice President of Field Development will be passionate about the Company’s vision and will relish the opportunity to evangelize it and grow the business through the expanding network.
- 10+ years’ experience in Direct Selling industry with an understanding of key drivers in the industry and what it takes to break into new markets.
- A proven ability to work well in a fluid, creative, collaborative culture that is undergoing explosive growth.
- Adept at making personal connections with customers, leveraging technology and social media to communicate with them directly.
- Self-motivated and require little supervision or direction. Able to effectively lead a remote workforce.
- Track record of developing and coaching sales leaders.
- Evidence of achievement of corporate objectives and sales targets.
- Comprehensive understanding of complex compensation plans used in direct sales.
- A background in cosmetics and/or skin care highly preferred.
- Significant experience organizing large and small events in multiple locations.
- Organization, presentation and public speaking skills for presentations to small and large groups in public forums.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience building high-performing teams.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- This position will provide high flexibility as well as significant travel.