Position: National Director of Sales
Company: Our client’s company was founded in 2006 in Tokyo Japan and since then has had a high level of success within the Asian market with their direct selling line of high-end skincare products. Because of that success, the client is ready to enter the US market to start a new independent entity using the success of their products and strong financial position to create a well-positioned start-up US direct selling company based out of Irvine California.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a “start-up” organization which has a proven product history, industry experience, and strong financial backing. The person hired for the role will be put into a great position to succeed with strong support from the parent company and the vendor partners hired to help with the launch.
Directs the organization’s marketing and sales practices by performing the following duties personally or in cooperation with outside consultants and vendors or through subordinate managers. This is a senior management position, integrated into the executive team, vital to the overall success of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, coordinate and implement strategic sales programs and initiatives on a Regional and National scale.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the organization’s sales plan in concert with company consulting firm, The Sheffield Group, and issue periodic reports defining the progress.
- Implement the Presidential Founder Candidate campaign to build a leadership team in tandem with The Sheffield Group, TSG to function as support team during the campaign.
- Develop and successfully manage national and regional sales budgets.
- Conduct recruiting and sales presentations to effectively grow the company’s representative force, sales volume, and customer development.
- Conduct training for a product, business opportunity, organization development, and leadership.
- Travel within specific geographic target markets for distributor support based on identified regional activity
- Travel to corporate offices as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet projected and reasonable sales and recruiting goals based on those anticipated in the Sheffield Group Proforma custom-designed for Green Compass
Supervise and develop Field Leadership. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Field Leadership. Also, directly supervise non-management sales support staff.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but not limited to, interviewing, enrolling and training; planning, budgeting, appraising performance; rewarding and motivating the Presidential Founder Candidates and eventual vested Presidential Founder leadership team.
Address field issues and concerns and assist in problem resolution with the corporate office.
Key qualifications – National Sales Director must be an effective communicator, superior motivator, detail, and goal-oriented. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and other business reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in person or by telephone and persuade others to make decisions. Ability to write business letters, promotional copy, speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, large public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to resolve conflicts between other members of the organization. Strong follow-up and organizational skills. Good visualization and creative skills.
Examples of how these skills may be utilized include:
- Confidently and collaboratively develop detailed sales methodology.
- Development of sales and sponsoring tools for distributors.
- Recruiting key leaders for distributor organization.
- Conducting business opportunity and training meetings.
- Communicating, motivating, and following up with key distributors.
- Creation and implementation of award, incentive, and recognition (AIR) programs.
- Supervising and/or planning, organizing and conducting regional and national conventions.
Ability to visualize objectives; plan activities and actions for self and others required to accomplish objectives; collect data, establish and draw valid conclusions.