Job: National Field Development Director
- National Field Development Director
National Field Development Director
Midwest-based client seeking a dynamic and inspirational leader who can deliver results by engaging the field. Our Client sells their product through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day.
Our Client’s team role is to bring both the “Art and Science” of sales to the direct selling channel.
The Field Training and Development team is focused on enabling consultants to learn the key business and selling skills to build and grow their business.
You will lead the Client’s Field Training and Field Development teams, inspiring and motivating our thousands of independent Consultants. You will drive strategic decisions across all things related to field training and development and also roll up your sleeves to execute.
You will be responsible for driving results by aligning field training and development with corporate strategy. You will also be energizing and motivating the field organization to grow while partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization. The role goes well beyond just motivating the field – we’re a team that uses data and best practices to develop the most effective programs to help our field organization grow. This role reports directly to the VP of Field Strategy.
More specifically, this individual in this role:
- Inspires people: Is a dynamic and inspirational leader that can maneuver seamlessly in both a corporate and field environment
- Drives results: Delivers sales growth through leadership of the training and field development teams
- Drives strategy: Develop the overarching strategy for field training and development including competency models, core training strategy and field facing events and works closely with the Field Strategy team to develop strategic plans including prioritization, budgeting, and allocation of resources
- Builds alignment: Ensures content and messaging is aligned across core training curriculum and live training delivered by field development managers
- Has passion: Connects, motivates and inspires the field by motivating independent business owners as true entrepreneurs; Deliver training including calls, webinars, Facebook Live, Zoom, field visits and speaking on stage at our National Conference and in-person field events
- Is data driven: Leverages available data and research to inform strategy before jumping to tactical execution
- Is tech savvy: Guide the team to the identification and implementation of appropriate field-based training technology
- Collaborates: Bridge the gap between corporate strategy and field execution while representing the voice of the field internally to cross-functional departments- Product, Technology, Marketing and Operations
- Inspires: Recognizes the field for key field recognition milestones to top achievers via Client’s field recognition program
- Bachelor’s Degree, 10+ years of professional experience, with at least some relevant experience with independent sales teams in selling and training development
- Drives results: Demonstrated success as a sales leader required – must include experience in the corporate office
- Loves learning: Experience leading the design and development of training, including the design of virtual content and social selling
- Dislikes the status quo: brings new ideas into direct selling – not just what every other company is doing
- Innovates: Work well under pressure and with creating new and innovative programs
- Hungers for challenges: Strives for continuous improvement and a desired to be challenged
- Is comfortable in the limelight: Excellent motivational interpersonal and oral presentation skills as well as the demonstrated ability to communicate difficult, highly confidential and sensitive issues with courtesy and tact
- Likes to travel: This job requires regular travel: ~1 trip/month plus 2-4 national events annually. Many field events are held partially over a weekend.
- This role has a 60% corporate/40% field split.