Job: Director of Purchasing (Arizona)
- Director of Purchasing (Arizona)
- $115,000 plus bonus
- Scottsdale, AZ
Position Summary The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the direction of the materials management and purchasing function to achieve service and inventory goals as well as the development of best in class processes to drive service level improvement. The Director will work across functional and geographic boundaries to ensure high levels of Ambassador/customer service and satisfaction relative to inventory service levels and management and communication of inventory failures. Position Accountabilities The following are essential accountabilities:
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of our Client by embracing the Client’s core values.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage under-performers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function & staff.
- Oversee contract manufacturing, including selection of manufacturers, delivery of product from multiple locations, and selective ordering of raw ingredients; specific focus on powder, capsules, pills and creams.
- Determine best methods and appropriateness of dual manufacturing
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring accurate Forecasting and inventory planning.
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas such as Sales, Product Management, and Warehouse personnel to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Coordinate sales forecasts with Sales and Marketing departments
- Work across a matrixed organization, sharing and learning best practices, and balancing global and local needs and impacts.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and partner with the Product Management team to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Embody Client’s Core Values through positive and selfless promotion of others. Collaborate with all team members regardless of position and all departments with mutual value and respect.
- Commit to open and honest dialogue with peers and all the Client’s employees for the purpose of contributing to Client’s goals. Responsible for individual deliverables and holding others accountable for their contributions.
- Lead teams to achieve goals through collaboration, effective communication and successful execution. Meet deadlines with the resources provided and never compromise ethical standards.
- We take charge of our personal development and are continuously committed to the professional development of our teams through empowering decisions, coaching and providing development opportunities
Position Qualifications Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Operations, business or related field. Preferred Education: Master’s degree in related field. Minimum Experience: 8 + years relevant materials management and purchasing experience preferably in B to C distribution with specific experience in process improvement. Experience with contracting and delivery from contract manufacturers of health products including capsules, powders, and various forms of custom packaging. Preferred Experience: Experience in using a world class ERP including a Warehouse Management System; NetSuite experience strongly desired. Supervises: Purchasing Manager and Supply Chain Analysts. Special Skills: Strong working knowledge and demonstrated success for predictive just in time ordering, inventory planning, forecasting techniques as well as operational systems and warehouse management in a B to C environment. Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving. Demonstrated and proven success in reducing inventory levels, while ensuring products do not go out of stock. Strong coach and mentor. Strong accountability mindset in working with manufacturers. Ability to collaborate with others and thrive in a team environment while meeting individual goals and expectations. Ability to anticipate obstacles, communicate effectively and plan accordingly. Adept at providing solutions and working in cross functional areas to facilitate successful completion of projects. Demonstrated ability to contribute to the professional development of a team and provide innovative leadership. Ability to bring high energy, remain positive in a dynamic organization and lead high-performing teams. Values relationships and is able to influence others to develop relationships that are reflected in continuously positive experiences.